Windows Mobile Standard devices don’t come with any preinstalled software allowing users to quickly write down a memo or a few lines of text. Sure, there is Voice Notes which could be used to record voice reminder, Word Mobile to edit existing text documents or Tasks to write down a few lines of text. However, none of these preinstalled softwares allows true simple text editing capability like Notepad on PC. That is the “raison d’être” of myNotes.
- Offers simple text editing capability
- Notes are saved as invidividual text files in \My Documents\myNotes folder
- Supports both portrait and landscape QVGA resolution smartphones
- Easy to use
- It’s free for personal use
- Application unlocked Windows Mobile Standard (version 5 or 6) device.
- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 which is preinstalled on most of the new Windows Mobile Standard device on the market. If you need to install it by yourself, please follow this link.
- Download the .CAB file from this URL
- Establish an ActiveSync connection between the device and your PC
- Copy the .CAB file from PC to your device.
- Using File Explorer on the device, navigate to the folder where you just placed the .CAB file
- Launch the .CAB file on the device to start the installation.
DOWNLOAD LATEST RELEASE
The latest version of myNotes is 0.9.0.0. Click here to download the .CAB file.
COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS
The author of this software accepts no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of this product and makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is provided “AS IS”, and you, its user, assume all risks when using it. The software is free for non commercial use. You are not allowed to sell or distribute this software for profit without the consent of its author.